Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cilantro-Lime Pork Chops

Prep Time - 7 minutes
Cook Time - 6 minutes
Serves - 4

4 thick-cut boneless pork loin chops, about 1 inch thick
1 1/4 tsp garlic pepper
3/4 tsp onion salt
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp chopped, fresh cilantro
1 1/2 to 2 tsp grated lime peel
2 tsp fresh lime juice

Heat grill to medium direct heat. Meanwhile, sprinkle pork chops with garlic pepper and onion salt; rub to coat. Cover & set aside. Blend remaining ingredients in small bowl. Place pork chops on grill. Grill, covered, 3 minutes per side. Brush with oil mixture. Turn chops over. Grill, covered, 3 to 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature is 160 F; brush with remaining olive oil mixture and turn once.

I modified this recipe by combining equal amounts of salt with minced onion and pepper with equal amounts of minced garlic. I used my G. F. grill and it worked out just fine but I would grill it less time than the recipe notes otherwise it may burn. For a delicious side dish add Near East Basil & Herb Pearled Couscous. Delicious!!

No comments: